- Hydraluron - My first Hirons-influenced purchase. Annoyingly, the Indeed Labs products available in Australia are not the ones that she swears by, so I had to resort to eBay to purchase this. Not widely available, even on eBay, the one managed to snag was at least reasonably priced. I've been applying since the day I received it in May, and I think it beefs up the basic Hada Labo moisturiser that I use.
- Pepta-Bright - Another Caroline Hirons recommendation, albeit one I have not used yet. It's in the queue as my next skincare product to test (I'm trying to introduce new products into my routine slowly).
- Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner - Contrary to my previous belief that toners are unnecessary if I double cleanse, Caroline recommends double toning - one to exfoliate and another one to hydrate. This Hirons-recommended product was more readily available than P50 or Pixi Glow, and I've started using this once a week and slowly building up to daily use. So far, it hasn't aggravated my skin, which has a propensity for sensitivity.
- Clarins Cleansing Duo: Cleansing Milk and Toning Lotion - The toning fits the bill for the hydrating toner step, and the cleansing milk for second cleanse. I'm on the few squeezes of my Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser and on the last drops of my decanted Hada Labo lotion, so I'll be busting out this duo soon.
- Ren The Fab Four Kit: Micro Polish Cleanser, Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate, Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream, No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm and Muslin Cleansing Cloth - I wanted to try the brand so I had a mate bring this over from her trip to New York. I haven't tried any of these yet, but I'm looking forward to trying the mask soon.
- Sukin Purifying Face Masque - Apparently clay masks are important to draw out skin impurities. I decided to go the natural yet inexpensive route, and I think Sukin is a great brand (loved their cleansing gel). I've used this a couple of times and haven't noticed much difference (must be me not being particularly observant), but I will persist.
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Talk Set: Deep Sleep Pillow Spray and Stress Less Oil - I thought this was a necessary purchase for someone whose sleep just doesn't feel as restful as it should be, but it turned out to be a rather frivolous purchase as it just didn't work on me. Smells great, but I sleep the same.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cherry Tart - Chemist Warehouse was having 50% off sale on most of their cosmetics and I couldn't resist picking up at least one product. I love my lip butters and this sheer wearable red has become a fast favourite.
Stay tuned for Part 2, my oily haul...