- Rimmel ScandalEyes in Taupe and Nude - Viviana Does Makeup, my current favourite blogger/vlogger, highly recommends these. She is entertaining and so believable (even when she reviews PR samples) that I'm re-watching her videos with pen and paper in hand. The Nude shade will replace the Makeup Forever Concealer Pencil that isn't creamy enough for my waterline. The Taupe shade will hopefully be a quick, fool-proof makeup-on-the-train staple.
- L'Oreal Shine Caresse Gloss Stain in Juliet - This line is reputedly similar to the pricier YSL Glossy Stains, which I've been eyeing for a while as they are a constant favourite at Drivel Over Frivol whose reviews are so amazingly detailed and well-written. I'll save my money for now and try one from the L'Oreal line before I dive into the YSLs.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Sweetheart, Honey, Romantic, Smitten, Charm, Rendezvous, Crush (in order of purchase) - I passed up on these when they were first released with a buy-one-get-one-free promo at Priceline last year, because I thought they were your run of the mill lip balms in stick form, and I was already very happy with my Lip Butters. I only found out recently that they actually stain the lips, and as such are longer lasting than the Revlon Lip Butters. I am seriously in love with these, and
contemplating getting moreI originally only bought one but ended up with seven after a coupe of trips back with my mates.
- Australis HD Blush in Screen Siren - There seems to be a gap in my blush wardrobe for a peachier blush and this was the only peachy blush I found in Priceline. Well, there was an Essence blush that seemed peachy but they did not have a tester so I couldn't be sure.
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner - Argh! I'm stashing again! This is an awesome product that I have been using more frequently, and my Priceline mate had a few in her basket and so I wound up with one in my basket as well. Oh well it should be replaced every few months anyway, right?
I did my best to stay away from foundations, powders and eyeshadows. I still have foundations bottles and powder jars/compacts to work, and I dislike having so much beige stuff. It's not as fun as going through drawers of colour. With eyeshadows, I went on palette hoarding mode last Christmas, and I'm still reeling from having to buy a new set of drawers to house them all. So I think I'm all set foundation and eyeshadow-wise.
On a happy note, my friend happily took a few items off of my hands, er, stash. I'm not a huge fan of gloss, so I passed on to her a box of brand new glosses from Tarte (from the Carried Away set), Clarins, Bourjois, Sephora, etc. I also had some Revlon half-lipsticks -- the other halves previously transferred into palettes for my supposed pro-kit. I can't remember how many items in total I passed on but possibly close to thirty, if not more. So that kinda eases off the guilt of this haul -- at least someone will get some use out of the items that may otherwise go to waste -- I would've just swatched them once and forgotten about them.