Cosmetics and Cosmetics-Related Accessories:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact MakeUp in B40 Beige Desert $64.93 - I came back quite tanned from my Manila trip back in June, and all of my powders seemed too pale for my tanned face and neck. Coupled with several emails from strawberrynet enticing me back with a 10% they-miss-me-discount and a GWP, I caved and finally bought a Chanel powder after years of lemming after one. As soon as I signed for the package, I ripped the packaging and swatched it with my grubby fingers. It was as divine as I imagined it to be, so naturally I rarely use it and am perfectly satisfied to stare and caress this gorgeous palette which permanently resides in my makeup drawer. I promise to use it this August.
- Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam $15.91 - I was under the impression that this would be similar to the lovely version. It works just as well, but unfortunately it’s a different scent so not as pleasant to use.
- Korres Rice & Olive Oil Compact Powder in 51N $0 - This was the strawberrynet GWP and I picked the darkest shade, though it still seems pretty light to my eye. As can be expected, it's nowhere as good as the Chanel powder. Yet, this is the powder I use daily. I do love the white, square packaging and it's not a bad powder. The included puff was small and rather useless. It's best applied with a brush, though I've been mostly using a latex puff as I don't think train passengers would be happy to have some beige powder flicked their way.
- Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Steel the Show $5.50 - I was ecstatic to find Essence products stocked at the local Priceline and had to purchase something before other shoppers swatch the unsealed pots. Love, love this minky shade (yup, definitely Lisa Eldridge's influence right there). I was even more ecstatic to find that it does last all day on me! So I got a couple more!
- Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Coppy Right $5.50 - A coppery shade. Slight let down -- somehow not as smooth as Steel the Show and a tad too sparkly.
- Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To... $5.50 - A golden champagne shade. Even more sparkly than Coppy Right -- way too sparkly for day time.
- Parlux 3800 Eco Friendly Super Compact Ceramic and Ionic Hair Dryer in Purple $154.95 - What's a girl sporting short hair doing with a heavy-duty, salon-worthy professional hairdryer? Well, I've been waiting 5 years for my pathetic hairdryer to conk out and could not wait any longer. The old one took ages for it to dry my thin, limp hair -- ok, 10 minutes. Still, every precious minute counts in the morning. With the Parlux it takes me less than two minutes to dry my hair on a medium setting -- love that it doesn't scorch my hair and scalp. I'm sure I'll grow my hair out eventually and I'm going to get more use out of this gorgeous dryer. I'm still kicking myself though for not getting the red version to my red Dinair which I keep in the same drawer as the dryer.
- Sportsgirl Makeup Bag $4.95 - When Tine of Beautyholics Anonymous showed off her well-organised, gorgeous Mimco makeup bag, I rushed out to get one. Of course, the $40 price tag put me off especially since it was not chic as Tine's version. So I grabbed the Sportsgirl cotton version from their sale bin. I may DIY my own version eventually.
Clothing, Shoes and Accessories:
- Roc Territory Boots in Black $125.95 - Something else that I've been lemming since last year. Super happy to get such comfy shoes. I just need to muster enough chutzpah to pull off wearing it with dresses and skirts. So far I've only worn it hidden under straight cut work pants.
- Sportsgirl Cable Knit Tights $9.95 - I bought these to go with the boots, but somehow I don't have anything to go with this. Must find something before winter is over.
- Barkins Lace Skirt $29.98 - I've been wandering around Barkins when they have a 30-50% off sale, but haven't had much luck in the past few months until I saw this skirt. It's a tad too long, but it should be an easy fix (like the 873 other items under my sewing table that need alterations.
- Marcs Black Double Purse $104 - I knew I had to have this when it was featured in Crashing Red, though I did hem and haw about it, until I received a Marcs $25 voucher for signing up for their newsletter.
- Wooly Nylon Thread in Black $6.95 - I already had one in my stash, but needed another one to use on my overlock loopers.
- Wooly Nylon in White $6.95 - Same as above, but not pictured here as I'm not about to undo the work I put into threading the overlocker.
- Thread Pack in Red $2.99 - As soon as I bought black and the wooly nylons, I started working on a red knit shirt. I only have one re fabric in my stash so I didn’t feel like buying full cones of overlock thread. I'm hoping these will do
- Gutermann Upholstery Thread in Black $4? - I needed thick strong thread for my jacket buttons that keep shredding through normal waxed threads.
- Clover Chaco Liner Pen Style in Yellow $16.95 - I got sick of my cheap fabric markers that create fat marks on my fabric, so I decided to start investing in my marking tools. This is pretty awesome, except for the yellow/orangey fabric I'm currently working. So I ordered one online in Silver.
- Clover Chacopen With Eraser - Water Soluble in Blue $10.95 - This has a much finer tip than my current Water-Soluble Pen, and hopefully water would actually remove the and not just make it invisible when wet, visible when dry.
- Black Elastic $3 - To replace the stretched out elastic in Ric's boxers.
- Sew Easy Soft Grip Seam Ripper $3.99 - It's a nightmare unpicking rows upon rows of stitching lines with the little seam rippers that come with sewing machines. I finally a large one would make it easier and it does!