I thought the Sorbetto Top would be simple and quick for me to whip up, but I had a lot of trouble with the bias binding. Chalk it up to me not reading the instructions, not referring to my numerous sewing books and making up the steps as I go along.
My choice of fabric also wasn't the best. It's silk, so it's lovely to wear, but a bitch to stitch. Two layers are slippery, yet they won't glide on my machine surface. Exactly the opposite of cottons which are not slippery, but glide smoothly on my machine. Plus, I can't tell which side is the right side and the wrong side and kept having to unpick seams because I sewed the right sides together, which would've been correct had I not been doing french seams. Ugh.
Then I made my bias binding too narrow and it was all just unwieldy so my seams were super wonky. I ripped the bias binding out, and sewed it the other way so it would be on the wrong side instead.
I'm glad I made it with scrap fabric first and it doesn't look too bad, so let's call it a wearable muslin. I did wear it today before taking this photo, so please forgive the wrinkled look.
It's the perfect summer top though, so I'm sure I'll be making heaps of this.