So it's not a total shopping ban, but two items is still quite a stretch from the volume of this January haul (a post I'm still working on):
- I have way too many new products that I have not used or even opened yet.
- I am going to makeup school in February, and will have to pay for the tuition and the kit.
- I want to streamline my skincare and makeup routine.
- I want to use products I own instead of wasting my time shopping for products.
- I want to reduce my stash and only have products that I truly love and that work well for me.
- I can only buy TWO items per month from 1 February to 30 April 2012. Progress will be assessed in April to determine the rules for the rest of the year.
- If the limit is not used, it can be carried over to the next month.
- Items for my kit are excluded from the limit.
- Packaged sets count as one item.
- Sample boxes are excluded for February, but from March onwards each sample box will count as one item.
- Gifts, free samples, and other freebies are excluded, except when an item is purchased to acquire a freebie. For example, buying a magazine to get the freebie will count as one item, and buying a beauty product just to get another beauty product for free will count as two items.
- Items bought with gift cards and vouchers are included.
- Items ordered before February but have yet to arrive are excluded.
- Shampoo, body wash and disposables like cotton buds are excluded, but I can only purchase them when we're running low (or if the current one is really bad).
- Exceptions will be made for overseas trips and IMATS Sydney, but exceptions will be limited by a price cap to be determined later.
This is really going to test my low EQ, so wish me luck please :)
Edit: Rules updated and effective on 13/02/2012.