For my second attempt at Makeup Utopia's Old Hollywood Challenge, I followed another Lisa Eldridge tutorial as best as I could. In hindsight, I should have studied Audrey Hepburn's photos on top of watching the tutorial and checked that my photos resembled her makeup. I did not even get the brows right! Oh well...
While my FOTDs look pretty on the mirror, they just do not translate that well into my photos. And I had so many choices for this look - I took about 180* photos in an hour long photo shoot!
I won't take that many next time cos narrowing that down ends up taking too long as well. 1 hour applying makeup + 1 hour taking photos + 1 hour selecting photos + 1 hour editing photos (cropping and adjusting light) + 1 hour composing the post = 5 hours! And I'm being conservative with my guesstimates.
- Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation in Natural Beige
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
- Estée Lauder Signature Silky Powder Blush in Plum Nuance
- Benefit Watt's Up highlighter
- theBalm eyeshadow in Matt Patel (crease) and Matt Ramirez (lower lash line)
- La Femme eyeshadow in Dark Brown (brows)
- Prestige My Brow Duo in Matte Silk (lower inner rim)
- Face of Australia High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in Black (upper lash line)
- non-branded false lashes
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Natural
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick in Rose Dusk
Is it obvious that I want to win The First Makeup Utopia Community Competition? You would too if you see the prizes! It's as huge as a holiday haul! Check it out :)