Apart from tinted moisturisers, I have not used a lot of these products extensively. I try them a few times, find a vague reason to dislike them, then buy a different brand. I really need to make a concerted effort to test them all and articulate what I like and dislike about them, so I know what to look for in my next purchase. Or perhaps there's already a gem here that I have just not given enough chance to shine. I would love for these to turn up in an empties post soon.
All items are listed here in the order of acquisition.
I hardly ever use them, yet I have four. When I do use them, I honestly can't tell whether they make a difference or not.
- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer - I bought this because of Emily Noel. This stuff is old, but still smells good.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I bought this because of Lisa Eldridge. This stuff is new and smells even better.
- Face of Australia 3 in 1 Primer - I bought this because it's 3 in 1, but I haven't used it much because I only ever have time for tinted moisturiser these days.
- Nude by Nature Undercover Airbrush Primer - It came in a set and I'm a sucker for sets and GWPs. I have not opened it though.
They're like clothes, I have so much yet none of them seem to be appropriate for whatever event I want one for. And I'm always in too much of a mad rush every morning to bother with foundation.
- Estée Lauder Futurist Age-Resisting Makeup SPF 15 in 3W1 Bare Beige 22 - Lovely formula, too dark for me (my fault for insisting to match it with my tanned forehead when I purchased it.)
- L'Oréal Visible Lift Serum Inside Foundation SPF 17 in 130 Golden Beige - A tad lighter and it seems fine. I received compliments when I applied it with the Crown flat bronzing brush. But it fades into nothingness by 4pm. Maybe I just need a good primer.
- Estée Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme Radiant Lifting Makeup SPF 15 in 3W1 Cashew 33 (sample) - Also does not last long.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay in Place Makeup SPF 10 in Intensity 3.0 (sample, not in photo) - Also does not last long.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay in Place Makeup SPF 10 in Intensity 3.0 - Bought this at a warehouse sale, still unopened.
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 in 04 Cream Chamois - Another warehouse sale buy, too light for me.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup in 340 Tan (not in the photo) - Ric's mum received it for free from a chemist (Aussie for drug store) and I thought I could use it as a contour shade, but now I realise it's way too orange for contour.
- Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation in Natural Beige (x 2) - Easy to use, heavier coverage, looks quite matte on me. Bought it when Priceline was selling 3 Maybelline products for $30. I am also a sucker for "bargains"
- Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in 140 Natural Fair Ivory (sample) - It looks too light but surprisingly works fine as a sheer foundation.
- Nude by Night Flawless Liquid Velvet Foundation in Medium - It tried it a couple of times for an FOTD and I had to wash it off twice. It has a very thick texture that is just horribly impossible to blend.
I love tinted moisturisers. It's the answer to my daily morning rush so it's all I use every day. Except I just had a revelation last week that I've been buying the wrong shade. I have a few mediums which all match a tanned version of me, except I'm not very tanned at the moment so they all give my face a slight orange cast.
- Face of Australia SPF 30+ Tinted Moisturiser in Medium - I'm amazed at the high SPF of this, but I switched to a zinc TM for the summer.
- Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One BB Cream in Medium - A bit more coverage than regular TM, but
- Estée Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Medium Deep (unopened) - I bought this expecting a deep tan from 2 weeks in Maldives, but I realised then that I no longer want to subject my skin to further sun damage. I might try mixing this with other stuff to make it useable, but not until I finish a lot of these other stuff.
- Invisible Zinc Tinted DayWear Anti-Ageing Facial Moisturising Sunscreen SP30+ in Medium - Quite greasy, but ok once set with powder. Wrong shade for me though.
- Invisible Zinc Tinted DayWear Anti-Ageing Facial Moisturising Sunscreen SP30+ in Light (magazine freebie) - It looks too light, but once blended in it matches my skin better than the Medium shade.