I am definitely still sewing as a hobby, and will continue to post my sewing projects on this blog. I just started a very simple McCalls 5927 dress to ease me back into sewing -- I've already forgotten how to thread my machine!
Heres's a quick recap of my failed 2011 resoutions, and you can see why I am giving up on resolutions this year.
- Sew better. - I will just have to admit that I will never be a meticulous couture seamstress. I spent months preppring/fantasizing about making my wedding dress using couture techniques, only to give up and wing it in the end. Everyone loved the dress anyway, despite the too small buttons that kept coming off, mismatched white cotton underneath the ivory lace and silk. I'm just relieved it held up despite the lack of waist stay.
- Sleep, exercise and eat healthier. - An even bigger fail because of wedding dress stress (real or imagined).
- Read more and blog more. - Failed. I managed to read 3 books from the Songs of Fire & Ice series.
- Have a sane wedding. - A moderate success under the circumstances.
I do have things to look forward to this year:
- Sewing clothes I love and wear all the time. That means lots of sleeveless dresses - simple, versatile, makes me look like I make an effort even though I hardly do.
- Makeup school in February
- Visit to the Philippines
- First wedding anniversary
Happy new year!