I did not go in with a plan, so I wasted a lot of time wandering around in a daze, thinking about whether or not I should enrol in makeup school next year. There were quite a few demos of fantasy/special effects makeup, not something I am ready for yet, but still quite mesmerising.
I caught the last half of Rae Morris' brush launch. Although I do not plan on spending AU$900 on a brush set, I learned a lot in the 30 minutes I spent sitting on the floor watching Rae demonstrate her techniques. While some of her tips are in her books, it's just amazing watching her live.
I didn't take a lot of photos, and I was too shy to say hi to the beauty bloggers I saw out there. Maybe next year, I'll join ABBW :)
Notes to Self for IMATS 2012
- Buy a 2-day ticket months in advance.
- Arrive early
- Make sure to watch the shows/tutorials I am interested in
- Research exhibitors and have a list of must-buy items
- Check retail prices on my iPhone before buying stuff (in case they weren't really discounted)
- Say hello to people I "know" online
- Bring DSLR camera and take more photos