I swear I really want to finish the Pendrell blouse. But I'm stuck at this sleeve.
It's too big and I'm too lazy to unpick and re-cut and re-sew the sleeves. I cut the top part of the blouse as size 2, but cut the size 4 sleeves, but I'm not even sure cutting size 0 sleeves will be small enough.
So I let myself be distracted and I bought some 50% off quilting fabrics from Lincraft.
But I got home and thought of the (s)crappy patchwork quilt top languishing away in my fabric cupboard. I went about this quilt top without a plan. I just sewed them all up as it was very relaxing to sew just straight lines for once. But wasn't very happy with the end result. The pattern looked awful, I couldn't keep to the allotted quarter inch allowance and almost none of my seams lined up. Scampi does seem to like it.
So with my cat's vote of confidence, I came up with a plan.
But I know I won't be happy with it as a quilt top, so I decided to make it the quilt back. This other less busy design will be the top.
I wonder if there's a reason most quilt backs are usually one piece. Looks like I'm setting myself up for another disaster.