I spent my lunch hour at Spotlight and bought some sewing tools.
Most of these supplies should help me with the wedding dress:
- Serrated scissors for slippery fabrics
- Cutting board to align fabric grain
- Cutting mat to replace FH's warped cutting mat
- Beeswax for hand stitching
- Flower pins so they won't slip through lace and tulle
- Hera marker for making inkless marks on fabrics
After much time spent pondering about the bodice and trying out the bodices of Simplicity 2640 and New Look 6401, I finally came up with the bodice.
Next stop skirt: Sheath or trumpet? I've cut out the knee length version of the New Look 6401 skirt for fitting purposes.
Soon, I'll have my first muslin fitting. Yay!
In the meantime, I just completed two more drawstring bags, and I should be on to the Pendrell blouse soon.