I'm still taking it easy with the actual sewing.
I volunteered to make a couple of drawstring bags for a friend, thinking it would be a Craft Book Challenge and a Stash Bustin' project in one. I earmarked two fat quarters from stash for this, but could not find any decent drawstring project from the many craft books I own. I also have trouble understanding the online tutorials (hmmm, that doesn't bode well for my wedding dress project.) I had to look at a couple of drawstring bags that I have and think of how I can make them better. I made a trial run with some remnant fabric on Saturday night, before I used my selected fabric to make another on Sunday night.
If all goes well, I'll finish three more this week and play catch up on the Pendrell Sew Along. I have yet to measure myself and cut the pattern. I have yet to make my fabric choice for a wearable muslin.
I bought a few fabrics from Tessuti prior to my Stash Bustin' pledge. The first from the left (1.1m) is cotton, the middle (2m) and the last (1.5m) are silk. I swear no more fabric shopping unless it's for the wedding dress.
I also got a few notions like boning and grosgrain ribbon. And I intend to use this month's Spotlight vouchers on a cutting mat (ours got warped) and possibly a cutting (card)board.
Oh and I want to note that my wrist pin cushion matches the sewing machine cover and the thread waste basket I made last year :)