Here's a dress that received a few compliments when I wore it to work a few days ago. Some from people who didn't know I sew. Woohoo!
This is supposedly my wearable muslin for the Selfish Seamstress LBD, a Hepburn/Givenchy-inspired dress which has that very interesting back. The floral print has grown on me considerably. I wish I'd been more careful when I made it.
There are a few fit issues -- tightness around the hip area, gaping neck, wide upper back, sway back, shoulders not sloped enough. But there were a few techniques I learned with this one - invisible zip, princess seams.
The fitting issues with this dress prompted me to start working on my fitting shell (aka sloper). I read Fit For Real People as a workbook and made it as far as making a body graph, but my interest waned and instead I made the super simple Burda 8123 Dress.
But for my next projects I will definitely try tissue-fitting and making adjustments to the pattern before cutting my fabric!