It's been a busy week. Fab was here for a visit and we went to the Opera House to watch La Traviata. It wasn't as sleep-inducing as I thought it would be. It even brought me close to tears. But it was the costumes that really caught my eye -- they were sumptuous! Too bad I couldn't take photos.
Then, there's Avatar, dinners, work and being sick. So again not much sewing this week.
The only sewing I did was an utter failure -- the Hepburn/Givenchy inspired dress turned out to be too tight. I got so used to not having any fit issues with Japanese patterns (all very loose), that I did not take the time to measure the pattern before cutting out the fabric. What a n00b!
Physically sick and sartorially frustrated, I spent the weekend catching up on chores while watching Project Runway Season 6.
I started working on Fit for Real People, and I made it up to the body graph section -- thanks to ever-sweet Ric who was also sick, but patiently traced my outline on brown paper taped to the wall. But making a fitting shell seems so daunting, depressing and boring that it's not something I could tackle in my current state.
For now, all these failures will be moved back to Future Projects.
I need work on something easy and immediately wearable. Possibly another Japanese pattern.
But I really should be planning and prepping fabric on Sundays, so that by Monday I know what my current project will be.
- Hepburn/Givenchy inspired dress (muslin) - need to fix
- Fitting Shell
- Baby quilt
- Headphone Case
- Ruffle Halter
- Wrap Dress
- Top using Nani Iro 1m fabric
- Casual shirt for Ric
- Pants for Ric
- Coffee Date Dress
- Minimalist cowl top (dark blue fabric from tessuti)
Completed Projects = Sewing Prowess
- Sleeveless Top from Happy Homemade Vol. 1
- Plaid Shorts for Ric
- Plaid Pants from Happy Homemade Vol. 1
- VD Fabric Envelope and Card
- Minimalist Cowl (Retro Print)
- Coffee Date Dress (Muslin)
- Reinforce Ric's jeans' zipper
- Hem pants 1
- Hem pants 2
- Change bag handle
- Remake linen jacket
- Remove unnecessary zippers of 3 tops with side zip - completed
- New zipper for Ric's pants - completed