Edit: I forgot to write a summary/intro or whatever to this update.
2010 SPU 2 = 2010 Sewing Prowess Update 2
Today's photo is another one of my favorite model, Scampi! She's the sweetest, always making sure I have company when I sew or lurk in sewing blogs.
Valentine's Day was a relaxing day at home after the flurry of Chinese New Year celebrations -- very yummy, but tiring! For VD, I made sewn card and envelope and it is very crafty-looking and private so I'm not posting it here. But suffice to say, I spent a few late nights completing it under the radar.
For myself, I completed the coffee date dress muslin and I'm eager to make it in proper wearable fabric.
Also, I found myself having lunch near Tessuti, and of course, I couldn't resist going in for a quick look. I still couldn't bring myself to spend so much money fabric -- $100+ per meter of Italian silk? i want, but I'll just ruin it!
I did score a few things from their remnant table: 2 meters of a wool-blend for Ric's pants, 1.5 meters of shirting cotton (perhaps the fashion fabric for the coffee date dress) and 0.7 meter of a thick, dark blue knit with black flecks. All half price! Still way more expensive than what I'd usually pay for, but the fabrics are way gorgeous.
As soon as I stepped of Tessuti, I started staring at men's pants and realized I have no idea how to make welt pockets! Ay yay yay, need to practice that before I attempt the pants.
- Minimalist Cowl (Retro Print) - Completed and post written, but photo not taken yet.
- Coffee date dress (muslin) - Completed, but post not written and photo not taken yet.
- Hepburn/Givenchy inspired dress (muslin) - Muslin fabric cut
- Fitting Shell
- Baby quilt
- Headphone Case
- Ruffle Halter
- Wrap Dress
- Top using Nani Iro 1m fabric
- Casual shirt for Ric
- Pants for Ric
- Minimalist cowl top (dark blue fabric from tessuti)
- Coffee date dress (suiting fabric)
Completed Projects = Sewing Prowess
- Sleeveless Top from Happy Homemade Vol. 1
- Plaid Shorts for Ric
- Plaid Pants from Happy Homemade Vol. 1
- VD fabric envelope and card
- Reinforce Ric's jeans' zipper
- Hem pants 1
- Hem pants 2
- Change bag handle
- Remake linen jacket
- Remove unnecessary zippers of 3 tops with side zip - completed
- New zipper for Ric's pants - completed